HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What memories live longer..the "Good" ones or the "Bad" ones?
Old 03-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Jimmy S
Nontypical Buck

Default What memories live longer..the "Good" ones or the "Bad" ones?

First of all, I will agree with all that say..."There are no bad memories while deer hunting" and I couldn't agree more. What I'm asking here are those memories that were good ones, where you were successful, where you remember what that deer was doing just before you put your tag on him, what time of day, etc....when it seemed everything went right....vs...those bad memories, when you missed, or did something stupid and didn't have the luxury to get a shot off. Those memories that caused you lose sleep, for weeks at a time... To me, those are the ones that last the longest. I can always go through in my mind, exactly what I did right when I finally shot that deer. It's those other memories where I never tagged that maybe I should have. Maybe it was something I did or didn't do or maybe it was something the deer did or didn't do that cost me in that day...It seems I always play those back in my mind saying ..."If only......." Any thoughts?