HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - permanent tree stands
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 04:19 AM
Striper Phil
Typical Buck

Default RE: permanent tree stands

I build lot of permanent stands. The Hiawatha method works well. There are good one tree ways but I don’t use them, mostly because they are to small. I like three tree stands, usually one tree that has split into there or four trees. Actually this works for any amount of trees. Here goes. First I put a 2x6 across two trees as high as I can reach, 7’ or so. I lean a 16 foot ladder on the board and TIE IT OFF REAL GOOD. Use only the biggest nails you can drive, 16 penny don’t make it, go larger. Pre nail the board so it is easy to start when holding it to the tree, with cordless you bay need to drill a pilot hole. Nail up three boards to the outside if the tree a few inches above the top of the ladder, at least three good nails per end.. The ladder will stick up into the center side of the triangle you just made and will be just below the floor. This is a climb through type. Nail or screw floor boards leaving a hole to climb through. Now make an insert for the hole. You leave this in the stand when you leave. While standing on your nice new platform add good SOLID rails 2x6 not 2x4 at your shooting rest height. Add a seat between two trees with a solid backrest and wala you have a comfy safe place to hunt from. With this arrangement I do not feel a harness is necessary.. Enjoy!!!

One Shot One Kill Striper Phil