HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - permanent tree stands
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Hiawatha

Default RE: permanent tree stands

i have never built a stand on a single tree before...I need at least two trees realatively close together for my design to work. First i nail a 2X6 across one tree to the other at about 15-20 feet or higher if you want. This acts as a brace so leave about a foot over hand on each side of the trees. I then build a wooden ladder out of 2x6's and 2x4's. This ladder should be at least three feet higher than the plank you previously nailed up. Then stand the ladder up somewhere close to the middle of the 2 trees but about 3-4 feet away. It will look like a triangle with the ladder beinng the point and the two trees the base. Now nail a plank from the one tree to one side of the ladder making sure it is level....Make sure the end nailed to the tree is resting ontop of the first nailed board so it has some support. Do the same on the other side. Now add a brace below the attachment point of the ladder to the stand. Then i just cut 2x6's and nail them across for flooring. You may also want to brace the tree to the ladder about halfway down the ladder. Now the 3 feet of the ladder sticks up to act as a grip when u climb and works great if you want to attach material for walls. Just tack the material around the 2 trees and the ladder posts, leaving a hole for entry. sorry i have no pics but hope this may give you some ideas.....