HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - More bow tuning - level nock travel
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Elkcrazy8
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: More bow tuning - level nock travel

I don't care about level nock travel. Just as the others have posted. Grouping is more important. I go to the extremes on this but it pays big dividends on the 3-d range. I was having problems with my 30 yrd groups being better than 20 until I started group tuning. Bare shaft tuning is said to be used just for finger shooters. I have found it to be a big part in my group tuning with a release, I will do this at 20 yards. I adjust my rest until the bare shafts hit with my fletched arrows. After acheiving this I will then adjust my sights as needed. After going back to the paper I have found that the arrows shoot bullet holes. This is tough until you have your form down. If you do this and your form is shakey ,discount your flyers and it will give you a good idea. Using this method I have confidence that the arrow is spitting out straight and the fletches are just stabilizing the arrow and not correcting it. This will give you a flatter shooting arrow with more room for errors. It also pays off in the field as it makes it easier to get broadheads to tune at higher speeds.