HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Marlin 336 30.30 Lever action ????
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Nomercy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Marlin 336 30.30 Lever action ????

Walmart has them for $299 I think, K-mart has them for about $20 less. Mention the price to a gun shop and they might try to beat them (I usually don't say walmart, I just say "at this shop up in North east Kansas"-they'll compete with other shops, not with walmart)

I had two of them, sold both, not because of the gun, but because of the round, I can get basically the same performance from a Marlin 1894 .44mag as the .30-30 gives, but with 1/3 the powder and twice the magazine capacity.

As far as the 336's go, they're great guns, really accurate, I had 4-16x glasses on mine, and a buddy has one on the one he just bought last fall, mine were definately accurate enough to hunt at 200yrds with, his is probably 250yrds in my hands (150 in his[:'(]). VERY reliable feeding/extraction/ejection, and like I said, very accurate.

I don't know if they still offer the straight stocked version, or if all of the new ones are pistol grips, I don't really like pistol grips, but they tend to be more accurately shootable for some, that's your preference...I always think that pistol grips look funny on leverguns.

My advice is buy it, you won't likely be sorry!!!