HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Q for Len, davidmil, and other Marylanders!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:13 AM
Len in Maryland

Default RE: Q for Len, davidmil, and other Marylanders!

Dave pretty much covered it and did it well.

I will ad that I prefer the 'bow only' public grounds over those that allowed guns. There are TOO many incidents that are scary where guns are allowed. It's not just Maryland, it's typical. Yes, to all you gun hunters, I've seen some scary situations where bows only are used; but, it's usually more dangerous to those using the weapon than others.

Like Dave, I found some great spots on public hunting grounds. You just have to put some time in and search hard and deep into areas where most hunters won't go. I had to walk about a mile and a half and up and down some very steep hills to get to the back of one public property. It was tough, but that's where the deer were.

As far as private land, I've commented about that before. Just yesterday a customer was in the shop saying that he lost his private property and was looking for more. I know this guy and his hunting buddies as 'trophy hunters'. I told him like I'll tell everyone, tell the landowners that you'll take a lot of does and follow through. Many landowners who have tried to work with some hunters in the past have gotten fed up with many taking their trophy buck and then leaving the large herd behind to eat all their shrubs or crops.

Good luck in your search.