HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow weight for deer.
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 11:30 AM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow weight for deer.

JRW

The point that bgfisher is trying to make is for someone with a short draw and not able to pull heavy poundage to get an arrow to reach the 400 gr mark,they would have to shoot a way overspined arrow along with an foc that would be way out of line.This puts arrow weight as the number one factor and excludes accuracy and good arrow flight and both are more important IMO than an arrow that weighs 400 grains.

Heck for me to shoot an ACC the proper spine arrow is a 3-39.Add 4" vanes and a 100 gr point that gives me 11.3% foc(perfect imo) would only add up to 390 grains and no one is going to tell me that a perfectly balanced arrow and a perfectly spined arrow isn't enough.That is with vanes,if I wanted to shoot feathers,well too bad it isn't possible.

Yes I could easily achieve 400 grain rule and still have a proper setup but there are those that can not.Arrow wraps on the back along with a 125 gr point,I would be perfect.

Needless to say I oppose the 400 grain rule.I promote accuracy and properly spined arrows along with the proper tune.