HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need some help with feeders
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 10:41 AM
arkansasbowhunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need some help with feeders

I have one thing to say. ONE TIME ELITE LIFETIME FEEDER. This feeder is IMO the best feeder out there right now. You can add a C battery pack (holds 8 C batteries) which will last 6 months throwing 2 x day for 8 seconds. You will fill your feeder up 2-3 times before replacing the batteries. The feeder itself comes capable of holding 8 AA batteries which will last you about 3-4 months. It holds 250lbs of corn and comes with everything included to set it up. Also, everything folds up so you can put it in the plastic drum. Cost is around 159 -189.00 depending on where you get them from. some places will give you a discount if you buy more than 2 of them. there is a country store in louisiana called paw pa's I think that has reasonable prices. do a net search. The elite version is a programable digital model. If you want to save a little money then go with the lifetime ontime. It uses clips and is not digital. Both models have a lifetime warranty, meaning if it breaks send it back with a 20.00 check and they will fix it and mail it back to you in a very timely fashion. I can say in 2 years of having 5 of them between friends and myself, only one has broke. sent it back to company and they completely refurbished the inside and had it back in 2 1/2 weeks. Very good customer service. Now with all that being said, I would buy an extra motor unit to use as a back up. I travel long distances also to fill my feeders and it was a costly error on my part. when I found that the motor wasn't working on the feeder it was complety full and had to let 600lbs of corn go on the ground. deer had a big time the next couple days. but with anything mechanical they will eventually break and you don't want to be in the same situation as I was.

Now if you want a bigger capacity feeder. Look at papaw's for their 600lb capacity feeder. I bought it for 400.00 and the ontime unit for 100.00. yea its a lot of money but for me I travel 100 miles one way to fill the feeder so in the long run I save money on gas and wear and tear on truck. also 600lb capapcity feeder is very movable by one person and I fill my feeder up about once every 4 1/2 months which means less disturbance to my hunting area. This is all just food for thought. I hope it helps. Stay away from the moultri unit as like someone else stated you get what you pay for. We had 3 but nothing but problems so switched to ontime and haven't looked back.

p.s my first feeder I built myself but as you saw in the above post at the cost, why build one when you can buy an ontime elite model for roughly the same price IMO.