HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mathews, BowTech ..........Need Webmasters!!
Old 02-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Pinwheel 12
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mathews, BowTech ..........Need Webmasters!!

Where are people going to get technical advice? Oh, yeah, for FREE, here! Well, I think that may change as time goes on, too, simply because those few of us that actually have been around the sport and industry for over 30+ years and are pretty open to giving away free info quickly get sick of battling over every question when they get bashed by some unknowing follower, and as time goes on I see fewer and fewer truly knowledgeable techs posting on these boards and others.(only about 8 or 10 left on all of the boards,and less posting by most of them) Nothing beats hands-on experience, and if the "true" techs stop posting, then what? There won't be pro shops to go to cause they'll all be gone, there will only be a few instructional books out, I'm just afraid the industry will fade quickly. Moral of the story--- No matter where you buy your equipment, the industry will always need shops with reputable techs for repairs, replacement, accessories, and instruction, as well as places to shoot. Archers are either gonna pay for the products, or pay for the services, because eventually when the Pro-shops find they have to compete with internet sales the technical info trail is gonna slow down some, mark my words. Just my own thoughts, Pinwheel 12