HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mathews, BowTech ..........Need Webmasters!!
Old 02-09-2002, 11:39 AM
Pinwheel 12
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mathews, BowTech ..........Need Webmasters!!

They want to have their cake and eat it too, but sometimes they do things in odd ways. Most manufacturers have websites, but alot (such as Bowtech and Mathews) do NOT allow internet sales. Seems kinda "off" to me, considering that most of the World is now online, and roughly half of them now purchase items online. I own both a Pro shop as well as an internet Archery website, and can tell you at least from my standpoint that the internet is definately gaining ground. Those manufactuers that allow Internet sales will definately be getting the jump on the competition within the next few years IMO, provided all dealers be kept within strict pricing guidelines to keep from playing "cutthroat wars". Pro shops will still be the place to go to see and feel the bows and receive tuning and instruction, and also to buy if they can remain competitive, but realistically I think Pro shops will be tough to find eventually, especially when they have to pay for overhead, inventory, and payroll. Can't compete with online sales when you can simply drop-ship or order as you need to through a website. Unfortunately for us shops internet technology may win out in the long run as more and more people use the net to buy products.Those that do not get with the program may soon be left in the dust IMO.
The flip side is that this will be good for the consumer, they will get a fair shake due to stringent pricing guidelines that will have to be established to keep dealers from killing each other. Just my own thoughts, Pinwheel 12

Edited by - Pinwheel 12 on 02/09/2002 16:50:15