HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If You Could Live Anywhere???
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 10:05 AM
beej99

Default RE: If You Could Live Anywhere???

I have lived in many places.....Illinois, New York, Oklahoma, Alaska, and now Alabama.

I think my favorite place was Alaska because of the variety of things to do from hunting (of course) to Xcountry skiing after work. I absolutely loved AK and would go back in a heart beat.

I also love Montana. I have been there a few times, backpacked in the Bob, and contrary to what another fella said, I love Missoula (though I believe the political scene is a little to the left, the bars were a BLAST).

however, home is Illinois as that is where both my family and my wifes family are. I think that is where we will end up.

though I might not get to live in the place I REALLY want, AK/Montana, a buddy of mine told me this little story about him.

He is a lawyer and used to spend a lot of time in Wisconsin fishing/hunting while growing up. He is now in Alabama. i asked him if he would be leaving to ever practice up in Wisconsin (where he has a house and goes to spend virtually ALL of his off time). He said no. I asked why not? He stated that Wisconsin is his "get away." If he includes work in Wisconsin, than that ceases to be his "dream spot" because you incorporate your normal worries into daily life.

I think I agree with him. I will end up living in Illinois, and simply enjoy life as best I can in Montana and Alaska.