HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech Patriot VFT Dually 2003 question
Old 02-19-2004, 01:29 PM
pdq 5oh
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Patriot VFT Dually 2003 question

I have one of these bows. I like lifting the TT rests with the cable slide. I set them angled down slightly so the launcher contacts the shelf. Pad the shelf with mole skin to quiet it. Set the rest to come fully up right at full draw. Too soon, and the cables bind. I pull the bow back and have someone mark the cable rod at the rear of the slide. Now all I need to do is pull the slide back to set cord length. No pulling and letting down (no sore shoulders or dry fires). Set center shot at 3/4", and up even with the rest mounting holes. Nock point I start at 1/8" high. Tune from there. In the pic you'll see I run the cord through from the front side of the rest. It won't work right the other way around (as in the directions for using the down cable). I have a Vibracheck Isolator on mine, more for vibration than weight. I don't like adding weight where I don't have to. Good luck and you'll find your Patriot to be very accurate and sweet shooting.