HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone used Alfa Rack?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Deermanup

Default RE: Anyone used Alfa Rack?

[Hello! I am new to this site but was clicking through and saw the post on Alfa-Rack. I am the Wildlife Biologist for the Whitetail Institute and would like to offer some help. First, Alfa-Rack is an excellent forage for deer. It is designed to be planted in well-drained soils such as sandy soils or hillsides. It provides up to 30% protein and can last 3 to 5 years after planting. Deer absolutely love it. To get the best results we suggest you do a soil test to determine the soil pH and get the pH up to 6.5 to 7.0 before you plant. Also, when planting the Alfa-rack be sure to create a good firm seedbed before sowing the seed. This can be accomplished with a drag or cultipacker. After you sow the seed, lightly drag or cultipack again to seat the seed in the top ¼ inch of soil. If you get it deeper than this you not have good germination. Good luck in planting and if you have any questions please give me a call at 800-688-3030 ext 232 I will be glad to help.

Also, to address the comment made “ I emailed the Whitetail Institute three times for help and never received a response”. I personally answer every email question that comes to the Institute and I must not have received yours. I apologize for this and offer you my phone number (above) to call me and I will help you out with your problem. We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in this business, “Bar None” and I would like the chance to earn your respect and business again. I look forward to speaking with you and anyone with questions on our products.

Rodney M. Dyer
Wildlife Biologist
quote]Reply to Message[/quote]