HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tuning fixed blades ??
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 02:00 PM
CBM SC

Default RE: Tuning fixed blades ??

Guys ...thanks for the posts !! I am actually asking a "bigger" question !

I know more about tuning than any of my friends..............but compared to a lot of guys on here.......it seems I don't know squat !! Now that I think I'm getting some of this.........I have to hear about "false" tune !!! [&o]

If I get a bow to paper tune......establish my arrows are slightly overspined.......shoot 1" groups at 20 yrds.....3" groups at 45 yrds...........and maintain 6-8" groups at 65-70 yrds !!

I screw on a set of Muzzy's 1 1/8" cut and shoot a tight group at 20 yrds a little left and a few inches low.............maintain these results all the way out to 50 yrds! Good groups......just low and left !!

Put on some Wasp boss bullets 1" cut and hit dead on with my FP at 20 yrds..........30 yrds an inch left........50 yrds 2-2.5" left !!

Put on Spitfires........dead on w/ FP !!! Is my bow out of tune ???

Say a bow shooting 300+ fps shoots a sub-par group at 20 yrds with a 1 1/4" broadhead ! So if they don't group good.........should you go to a 1" cut ??? If they don't group good.........should you go to an exapandable ???

Or was your bow not tuned correctly with the 1 1/4" ?? How in the !@#$! do you figure all this out ??