View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Mantis Mayer
Typical Buck

Default Grow 'Em Right {the book}

Grow 'Em Right
A guide to Creating Habitat and Food Plots
by Neil and Craig Dougherty

I just got the book in the mail today and read it from cover to cover. I couldn’t put the thing down! I thought it was well put together and full of great information. There were a few times I wished they would’ve elaborated on material but for the most part I came away with a wealth of knowledge. I also was skeptical on the topic of Biologic seed and how many times they insisted it was the only way to go. Not coming right out and saying it but hinting nonetheless. You can’t go anywhere in the hunting world without a commercial popping up it seems. I looked at it like this; It pays the bills yes but it’s also what they know and they write what they know works for them. All in all it was money well spent IMO and I would recommend this book to anyone wishing to improve their property for deer and deer hunting. I know I'm exited to get started.

Being that I’m as green as the fields they’re talking about, a review on such a book doesn’t hold much weight. What I mean is, I thought it was great and I learned a lot but am not able to point out things that might be opinionated or material that should’ve been more in-depth and so on.

How many here have read the book and what did you think of it?
Can you recommend other reading material?
How’s your property doing?

By the way I don’t know any of these characters and am not reaping benefits from the sale of this book or products mentioned inside. Unfortunetly! [&:]