HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Poachers! Any suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 08:10 PM
badshotbob
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poachers! Any suggestions?

ORIGINAL: Coastie

I have to say though that if the property is 200 acres, there are more than two ways into it. Just because there are only two gates doesn't mean there are only two ways in. A little walking will find many ways of access even if they don't seem convenient.
Just two ways in - most of this land is surrounded by swamp and heavy brush, along with heavily wooded areas with a few houses backing up to it with no access roads. My dad and I flew over the place today and really confirmed these are the only two access points, so I'm thinking the care taker of the land, who hunts is the only guy who hunts it, has been dumping these carcasses here.

So am I to understand they are just shooting them and letting them lay? No evidence of antlers sawed off, or meat taken?
Tribal- whoever did this skinned the deer, so I assume they cut off most of the meat.

I think I'll make a call tomorrow. If I'm correct in my thinking who it is, and I rat him out, I could screw up my hunt. Maybe that's not the right way to think about this though. Don't know. For all I know, those deer could have been come from many other places and not all from this property. Of course, that doesn't make it right.