HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How did you get started in hunting?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 01:51 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How did you get started in hunting?

My dad, uncles and grandpa were all hardcore waterfowl hunters, while dad and my uncle enjoyed big game hunting they lived for duck season. At a very young age and being the only boy in the group I was brought into the fold, went along spotting and hunting. I was upgraded to carry my wooden gun and empty shell belt by the age of 4, which then turned into a bb gun but wasn't allowed to carry it while actually bird hunting. 22 and shotguns would follow until I reached age 10 when i was given my first rifle a 308 win 760 pump to get use too. At the legal age of 12 I hunted everything with my dad and uncles. I shot my first canada, snow, speckle belly and mallard that fall. Not be out done I tagged a mule deer doe in a special youth draw and 2 nice bucks before my first season would come to an end. At the age of 16 I started to really get into hunting big game, buying a bow & then followed by a muzzleloader. I learned more about hunting animals and their characteristics after departing from my elders, but I owe them everything for instilling the passion for the outdoors at such a young age. As they say the rest is history.

My wife and mom curse Dad for this though as I have gone past passion and right to obession for anything to do with hunting.