HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mathews Outback Owners?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Dalejbrass

Default RE: Mathews Outback Owners?

Here we go again! Someone ask's a mathews owner how we like our new bows and the Hoyt and Bowtech guys have to jump in...lol. Quite funny! Kind of makes you wonder if their not just jealous!! Just kidding.....seriously each manufacturer mentioned makes great bows. Variety.....it's the spice of life!

bowhunter-I've owned just about every bow Mathews has ever produced and IMO the Outback is one of their finest, if not the finest in the short bow lines.
Someone else mentioned already that the bow shoots like a much larger bow. Very little if any recoil, extremely quiet and so far, extremely forgiving (thanks to the 7" brace height).

I must admit that I started looking pretty hard at the Bowtechs, mainly because a good friend of mine just became a staff shooter for them and I know that I will be able to get one of their bows at an extreme discount, if not free and I like their marketing approach with the PBR. So, I shot their 04' line-up the other day at one of my local archery shops. I shot the Justice and the Liberty. Nice bows, but not nearly as smooth, quiet or as recoil free as the Outback (IMO). Therefore, I choose to fork out $600.00 for a new Mathews.

My advice, once again, is for you to go to your archery shop (find one that will properly set each bow of interest up for you. Don't just shoot one with a flipper rest and arrows that are six inches too long) and shoot each for at least thirty minutes and then choose the one that feels the best for you.