HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How did you get started in hunting?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 08:49 AM
ironranger
Typical Buck

Default RE: How did you get started in hunting?

Back in the 60's when I was 5 or so I'd tag along with my dad and brothers hiking into remote trout rivers and I remember deer hunting season and waiting for them to come home. There was always alot of anticipation to see what deer they'd bring home and I'd help where I could dragging and hanging deer. I would take the cut off legs and make deer tracks in the backyard. My brother would take me out grouse hunting and then when I turned 12, I started hunting on my own for grouse, duck, geese, and deer. I got a chance to go pheasant hunting a few times with my dad and uncle so when I moved south, I started hunting them more too. I also started fly fishing in SE MN and one day when I took the rod out of the back of my truck, I slammed the topper door and heard this weird sound. I opened it and slammed it down again. There it was...I just heard my first wild turkey. From that day until now, my dad started hunting them and I joined him and have become hooked on hunting wild turkeys. Out of all that I've done in my life, the outdoors is about the only place I feel really at home.