HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Feeders???Why??
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 11:17 AM
gulfcoasthunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Feeders???Why??

ORIGINAL: nub

I'll open this can of worms.
Why in the world would a person hunt over a feeder.
Because they are selfish and could care less about the spread of diseases like CWD and TB. Most baiters probably couldn't kill a deer without.[:'(]
Because they are selfish and could care less about the spread of diseases like CWD and TB. Most baiters probably couldn't kill a deer without.
I hope people have enough common sense to ignore idiotic statements like nubs. I use feeders as well as food plots here in Fl. and in Ga. even though you cannot hunt over feeders in Ga. Feeders are another tool in game management as well as a means to get a shot at deer. I have killed both deer and hogs over feeders but by far the mojority of my deer have been killed nowhere near a feeder, and I'm sure I have killed as many deer as most folks on this board, well above the average anyhow. I also have several deer mounted on the wall, 2 8pts, 9pt, 10pt and a 12pt only one of which was killed any where near a feeder.
Useing feeders doesn't make you less of a hunter any more than shooting the first legal deer you see does even though the "trophy hunters" will disagree with that.
To answer your original question use a feeder to get deer coming to a specific area, but they aren't majic they will not pull deer into the area from miles away, and as was mentioned before most of what you see will be does and small bucks, even with hogs your bigger boars won't come in until after dark most times. Feeders are just a tool like your gun or tree stand or anything else you take to the woods.
Bowdacious and Aeroslinger said it better than I could but basicly it boils down to you.