HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)
Old 01-28-2004, 06:57 PM
Danny45

Default RE: How many people carry a consealed weapon (gun)

Danny how did u get your Concealed carry permit, Ive been wanting to get one sense i turned of age last year but im not sure how to look into it.
Yo treedog, what's up? First thing you need to do is contact the OSBI. You can do that online. Request a packet from them to get started. Then find a instructor. If there's not one near you, (look in the thrifty nickel paper), you can get the classroom and range part both done at Tulsa Firearms. I'm not sure of their fees. Once you're done with that, you have to take your paperwork to the Sheriff's Office where you live and have them fingerprint you, etc. They'll probably keep your paperwork to send in to the OSBI. So you need to check with them and see if they'll take your picture and fingerprint you and if there's any fees before you go there. If they won't, you'll need to get a passport type photo and fingerprints done and take in with you.

Then all you do is wait forever to get it back. (I hope I didn't miss a step, but if I did, the info in the packet from the OSBI will explain it all).

When you say "turned of age", you do know that you have to be 23 (not 21) to get the permit don't you?