HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SoDak next fall?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 08:02 PM
nagel_1
Spike

Default RE: SoDak next fall?

Ok, thats a great place to hunt ducks and geese. And yes there is a lot of ponds around there to hunt. Not sure how detailed your map is, but if its the Walk-In Atlas then that just shows the general areas. Some of the best areas Ive seen ducks are to the east of Lake City on Hwy 10. Actually SE. There is a Game Production area on the South side of the road that is big water, but some good hunting. Also some other places are near Webster. Lots of potholes around in that area. Not sure of any hotels that allow dogs. Im sure you dont want to camp out, unless you have a camper. Can get pretty cold up there at night. There are hotels in Webster and Waubay. Not sure about Lake City. Pretty small town. www.sdglaciallakes.com may be able to help you out some. That is the website of that area. If you like I can try and get some more info on the area. I do deer hunt in that area, so I know it some. Closer to next Oct, I can go up there and scout some area's out for you. That way you wont be totally blind.