HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Michael J. Weigel

Default Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?

I know...I have posted this before but I have been gone for a long time so I will ask it again....What is the worst tasting food, thing, creature, whatever...that you have ever eaten?

For me it is without a doubt a Russian appetizer that involves bread, butter and salmon eggs...

My wife and I had dinner at the house of a friend of ours that happens to be Russian and the appetizer was bread, butter , turkey (optional, but not authentic Russian fair) and salmon eggs. I, having never tried a food that I didn't like, decided to try this...Well it smelled just like the bait that we use when fishing for trout and the worst part was that it tasted just like it smelled...I had to physically fight back the dry heave that immediately came up...I choked it back, played it off and offered the rest to my wife.....later I tried it again (I just can't accept that there is a food that I do not like...I will eat almost anything and enjoy it...I don't even have a problem with fish eggs...one of my favorite things is sushi with flying fish roe....but this!!!! OH MAN!!!) and it wasn't as bad but it was extremely fishy...Now, even with this bad experience with salmon eggs I tell you that I will try it again...there must by something worth liking in it and like I said 'I just can't accept that there is a food that I do not like'.

Anywho,....This is my worst food experience...What is yours?