HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3d
Thread: 3d
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 01:48 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 3d

Hiawatha, wasp are a good head and have used them in past myself(as mentioned I had a bit of change with the wasp sst from my FP's too). I have switched from the traditional chisel tip fixed heads to cut on impact heads such as magnus and steelforce for my all around BH to offer a bit better pentetration on moose and elk. I highly reccomend both for the bigger critters and 100 gr, they work and fly great. As do many other fixed heads. Check out eastons website and down load the tuning guide for things you can do at home with minimal effort. Your bow manual should have a section as well. It isn't a bad idea to have your shop check timing, string, limb pockets, etc but most don't fine tune with regards to arrow flight. Check out the tuning guide and any question ask, lots of knowledgable bowhunters out their who don't mind helping a guy out. I understand your being fussy 110%, I am the same way. However I have made my practice sessions more about form, building muscles and feel then group size. Of course I still want to know my bow will hit the target where I aim and it is nice stacking them up like cordwood. All I do if my fps group slightly different than the BH's, is put a temp bull on my target where they group. This accomplishs the feel good aspect/coinfidence, my intial goals(practicing form and so on), placement of the pin with realtion to the POI and yardage settings. When I am ready to hunt I spin on my BH's remove the temp bull and fire away. Anyway it is all about one person ritual and what makes them fell good and confident. Just a suggestion not a requirement or meant as critism in any way.

I do number my hunting arrows already, but a good tip.

I took my elk in the forest -zone 56 - north of Norquay, not to far from you really!