HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 03 season deer pic gallery
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Have 2 Hunt

Default RE: 03 season deer pic gallery

Great Pic's everybody! I have really enjoyed, big & small. I have noticed mule deer have not been represented very well so here is mine from this year. Not the biggest but good for Washington. I shot it on Thanksgiving with a limited draw late tag. It was the first deer out of many that I have seen scouting and attempted to take that acctually worked out, and all because of a dead battery in my truck. I got to where I wanted to be that opening morning about 15 minutes late, (but stil way before light), and found some other hunters parked where I had been spoting this deer from. I had watched it enough though to know that it would be way to far to shoot when the sun came up and witch way it would go. I came in from the direction I had anticipated making the stock from after spotting the deer, just dooing it blindly and after a 2mile hike and 65 minutes of daylight it ran right to me just like I had seen and videoed it do several times. I felt a little bad for the other guy's because in that open country I know they probably saw me shoot it but I could'nt pass it up. If I had been later and passed the other hunters after first light I would have asked them if they had seen it and if so left them to it but what I did was fair in my book. I am usually on the other side of this equation.