HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need some help finding one!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 09:39 AM
DaveH
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need some help finding one!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you're far enough south of me that there's no snow to help you out. An inch or two like we have left here would help a lot. I think you're going about it in the right way. It sounds like your area is similar to the ones I hunt and---even though there's a ton of it--look all around the brush in the most likely areas where you think she ran. I have found that hard hit deer almost never run uphill and often will go downhill. I would also check all the areas along the streams since they often seek water after being shot.

It seems we're mirroring each other again. The day after you shot your buck, I shot mine. Last night, I shot at a doe at the same time you shot yours. I immediately realized--after the deer departed--that there was a maze of branches blocking my shot that didn't show up against the deer. I assumed I missed due to the deflection. My arrow looked clean in my flashlight beam, but as I was changing the broadhead blades this morning, I discovered hair meaning I'll be looking today too. At least I have snow to help!

Let us know what you find.