HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does any body Shoot grouse or phesant with a bow?
Old 01-20-2004, 02:41 AM
pinkys79

Default RE: Does any body Shoot grouse or phesant with a bow?

I always keep one arrow in my quiver for a grouse, when i'm hunting (camp meat) and very delicious I might add.
Yep thats me to. We call it our grouse arrow but it also crosses as a squirrel arrow and a rabbit arrow and a quail arrow and whatever edible small game that may run across my path. Oh ya also works great as a back up if ever needed.

And I also love to eat grouse every way that I have tried it so far. Has everyone heard about the best way to clean them? I just learned last year, You lay the birds down on their backs with the head away from you, put your feet on there wings right next to there breast, now grab their feet and just pull up real slow. If done correct (most of the time) it will seperate and all you will end up with is the legs and inerds in your hands and the wings and just the breast on the ground now cut or break the wings off and your good to go. Now this is great unless your like me and half the time I try to salvage every stich of meat and try and save the legs.