HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I-80 and coyotes
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Probtrapper

Default RE: I-80 and coyotes

A couple of years ago I was coming out of a ranch that I had been doing some control work on. The ranch road at this point paralleled I5 highway. I looked to my right and here is a big male coyote about 150 yards running towards the highway! "well",seys I, I'll just drop back a little here and let you cross in front of me 'cause there's a six foot highway fence that I'am sure you can't get under and even if you could you've got to know yould never make it across four lanes of traffic alive.
Now you (the reader) must understand, I've got this all figured out. When he gets to the highway he'll have to turn back and cross in front of me and I'll drill him when he's safetly on my left away from the highway. WRONG....This son of a gun runs down the fence for about a quarter of a mile and dives into a culvert that has some brush growing around it that I didn't even know was there. That culvert ran compleatly under the freeway and out the other side. By the number of tracks in the sand on the bottom of the culvert this wasen't his first rodeo using this method to get across this very busy highway.