HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questions regarding Mountain Lion Attack
Old 01-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Have 2 Hunt

Default RE: Questions regarding Mountain Lion Attack

Has it ever worked out when people have tryed to harvest the prey while protecting the predator? In my oppinion you can't manage one portion of a food chain and ignore the rest. Look at the salmon seal problems in Wasington and the Pacific coast in general for that matter. You can't give a commercial fishing boat away and they close Puget Sound beaches to claming because the seal poop from the record number of seals has contaminated the beaches. I think our cougar problems are only just begining. Then comes the wolf problems and then the grizzly problems. I'm afraid it is not a good trend that has begun. I think it just boils down to too much politics and not enough common sense and science. I think too many decisions are left in the hands of big city voters who know nothing about the issue they are voting on. I guess that problem isn't just in wildlife management though. Too bad there isn't an easy fix.