HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Jerks on public land
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 06:45 PM
BowHunterChris

Default Jerks on public land

I've been hunting a piece of public property for a while now. I leave my stand out there, because nobody messes with my stuff. There are other stands that are left out in other areas around mine too. I started baiting my area before permit shotgun, and it started to be torn up and has a lot of deer sign around it. I go out this past Saturday morning with one of my cousins in hopes of getting another doe. I go to attach my bow to my haul line and I can't find it anywhere. I look up, and it was cut as high as the person could reach. My stand is around 23 feet up in this tree with great backround cover. I use climbing sticks to get up to my stand and then pegs the rest of the way. When i'm not hunting the stand, I just take the sticks with me and just leave the pegs up. My stand is also locked up there. I guess somebody got pissed that they would have to really work to get my stand out of the tree, so they decided to be an ass and cut my haul line. I'm out Saturday morning well before dark and there isn't any action going on. At around 8:30, I see these 2 guys in hunter orange walking down toward the area my stand is in. They are looking around and pointing. They are looking up in the trees and point directly towards me. Since I am in full camo, they don't see me at first. They end up getting a little closer and I turn and look right at them. The one guy is now looking and pointing right at my stand and sees me there. I have a feeling that one of these 2 guys are the ones who might have done this. I don't know why people have to be like this. It is all the more reason why I want to hunt private property.