HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - binoculars?
Thread: binoculars?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 07:02 AM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: binoculars?

akbound's suggestion is right on the money. It is really the only way to see what is out there and what will specifically suit your needs. I recently decided that I wanted to buy a "better" pair of binoculars than what I was currently using. I wanted a 10x magnification as well as at least a 40 mm objective so that narrowed down my choices. Next, I realized that I wanted a roof prism model as they tend to be smaller and more streamlined than the porro prism models. Lastly, I realized that I wanted the lenses to be phase coated so that I would have a bright clear image.

I did as akbound mentioned and went to the local Cabelas to check several out. Considering my price constraints I was left with 4 or 5 models to choose from...Bushnell Legend, Wind River Olympics, one or two Cabelas brand models and the Nikon Monarch ATBs. I ended up with the Nikon's simply because I liked their overall size in addition to their clarity and brightness. Ofcourse, their endorsements from several members of these forums helped as well. Thus far I have not been disappointed.