HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What parts do you eat???
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 12:47 AM
Nic Barca

Default RE: What parts do you eat???

When I go on hunting trips with my friends, they often cook up the goat liver and hearts. They are a great quick tender meat source while in the mountains but I prefered to eat them with BBQ sauce. I could eat them forever with the BBQ sauce but without, the different taste get to me after a couple livers. But I don't go out of my way to save them for myself.

One time I had shot a small pig and was skinning it on the side of the trail and got to talking with an Italian woman who was hiking. She told me that back in Italy, they like to eat the toung. She explained to me how they prepare it. Appearently it requires a long process. I think she said they like just about everything. Toung, brain, kidneys, intestine, liver, heart, I think the stomach too.

Alot of the filipinoes who live here in Hawaii like to eat goat. They burn the fur off with a blowtorch and kook the whole animal. Somehow they eat the stomach too. I think it's filled with rice when they eat it. Not sure how they do that. Fish eyes are very popular too. In fact they like certain fish almost just for the eyes. I never did like the eyes tho. I always eat the cheak meat on fish. Using the head in soup (fish head soup) is also very popular here, bones as well. Another popular filipino dish (or at least I think it's filipino) is to use pig blood and cook meat and vegetables in them. I've had it at chicken fights but I never did like it much.

Does anyone know, is it true that you can use intestines as packages for sausage? Is it safe?? What are commercial sausage packages made out of?