HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Hunting Stories
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 11:04 PM
elk_freak99

Default RE: Best Hunting Stories

my best hunting story doesn't even involve harvesting any game. It was the trip that got me hooked on bowhunting. At the break of day we were in the truck driving to our spot. We passed through a saddle and got a little beyond and decided to wait for a bit to bugle. When we bugled man did all he$$ break loose. There were at least 5 bull elk that all started going crazy. It was hard to pick one but we finally did. It was only about 1/2 mile away or so. Started up the hill on an old skid trail and eventually got off of the trail and when we came to a saddle where the old trail crossed over a ridge top, we decided to sit and call a little bit. I walked to a pile of logs and got into the middle of them, they made the perfect blind. Sat down and waited a bit then called. Turned to look at my dad to see if the call was a good one, as this was my first hunting trip with a bow. Looked back and standing in the middle of the road was this little 6x6 bull elk. He had watched me sit down in the logs, oops. He had the most beautiful rack I have ever seen to this day, but definitely not the biggest. We sat there and watched and eventually he decided to quit messing with us and ran off to never be seen by us again. Man ever since then I have devoted myself to getting a world class bull elk. Haven't got one yet but I do have time left, since I'm only 23 years old. Have harvested two bulls to date, one 6x6, and one 5x5. Neither of which are very big but I am honored just to be able to hunt these majestic animals.