HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - maxi hunters...
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 10:16 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default maxi hunters...

i was thinking of changing my bullet....i shot a TC 50 cal hawken....1:48 twist...i shot powerbelts now.....295gr hp copperplated ones....it shots them ok...maybe 4 inches at 50yards......i dont really want to use rd balls even though it shot them good....i want something that will do a little more....and are cheaper then the powerbelts and easier to load....believe me or not i am complaining about powerbelts being hard to load...sure i can start them with my finger....but i cant get a second one down a fouled bore for the life of me......and i was only shooting 80grs of powder...i moved up to 90 since then it seemed to shot better but it took about 5 mins to seat the second powerbelt when i tried........not exzactly a good hunting bullet for me i dont think.....so i was thinking of a maxihunter or something.....cheaper....would probally go in a heck of alot easier....but how do they perform on deer? im looking for something that will hit them like a brick and not let them get to far and leave good blood.....i know im asking for alot in a bullet.....but theres gota be one out there....thanx alot.......