HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What parts do you eat???
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 11:41 PM
pinkys79

Default RE: What parts do you eat???

Well I to love the neck I never waist it.

we have one guy in our club who is from Romania I believe. He's been in the states about 2 years. When he cleans his deer he lays it out on a tarp and removes and lays out all the organs nice and neatly and wraps everything up individually. About the only thing he doesnt take are the hooves. Even breaks up bones to put in soup stock. Personally I couldnt do it but I admire the fact that he uses everything that is edible much like the indians did.
Ok now that is hardcore dont know if I could do that but that reminds me about those fish eyes that I ate. I learned that from this eskimo kid in the Marines with me. We went trout fishing and cooked the fish right there on the shore. First off we cleaned them and I had this female with little egg sacks, and as normal I tossed them. Man he jumped down my throat for it so the next female I showed to him he reached the eggs out and ate em. So I tried it not too bad really. Then after we cooked them he sucked the eyes out of their heads so I tried that dont really care for those too much, but good to know its edible for just in case situations