HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - U.S.A. products
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 10:51 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: U.S.A. products

I have had 2 american cars that have reached the 200,000 mile mark so I am not buying into the forein cars are better,it just isn't true.And I had a Datsun when I was 16.

Another fact is we have a huge deficit with China,actually 12.6 billion ,not 400 billion as stated before.The reason is that we can not compete with their wages plain and simple.I am a tool maker and know for a fact that the people that are taking MY JOB in China make 40 cents an hour,THIS IS A FACT.I can,t compete with that no matter how you want to say it so that you sleep better at night.

We have about a 30 million dollar deficit with Mexico and canada and this is a problem but you can see it doesn't even come close to what is going on with China right now.

ANOTHER FACT,we have lost 2.5 million manufacturing jobs in the U.S. in the past few years due to this NAFTA crap.Is your job next?I would bet that it is.I have already had to sacrifice about $10,000 a year in overtime and even gone down to 32 hours a week for 3 months because of it.And no it isn't an isolated case of my shop,there have been about 3000 tool shops close in the past 2-3 years,I am one of the fortunate ones that my shop is still open,for now.This has been building for about 6 years now and is coming to a head.

So I am pleading to you for my sake and your sake,buy American whenever possible.It isn't that we need to stop trade,because trade can benefit us all but IT MUST BE FARE AND EQUAL or we will all get the shaft in the long run.12.6 billion isn't equal and neither is 30 million.

I will climb down off my soap box now.