HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington Sendero in 7mm remington
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 03:05 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Remington Sendero in 7mm remington

You know i have built two rifles. Well, my gunsmith has. And I really don't regret it. Rifle mag has an interesting article by john barshness about custom rifles. He said if all your looking for is accuracy, go out and buy three rifles, and keep the one that shoots the best and most likely you will find a submoa shooter out of the three and sell the other two. Sure, your going to eat some money but be ahead money wise than having one built. Also, once I was very disappointed with the accuracy of my custom.

But if you are looking for a guarntee of accuracy, and have 2400+ to spend, I am sure Melvin Forbes, Gentry, or Jarrett will be able to fit the bill. I want submoa accuracy, but also am looking for features. Like I would love to have an ultralight from Melvin forbes. Or a bueutiful walnut stock from hill country. But if accuracy is all you want, I am sure One Shot on here could help you with the original gun. Maybe refit the barrel, recut the headspace, cut a new crown, lap the lugs, possibly pillar bed or glass bed. You would still be ahead money wise.

I also have the custom bug. I look at those gorgeous customs with thier beutiful walnut stocks, fancy butt plates, custom engraved bolt handles, and wish I had one. I then come to reality and say, "I would never shoot the thing". I have been looking closely at New Ultra Light Arms. Lightness is a feature he sells.