HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To good to be true...
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 03:36 PM
mikej92280

Default To good to be true...

I recently got permitin to hunt on a 500 acre farm. I was told by the owner(80 year old women who rents the farmland out to farmers) that there was only 1 guy that hunts on the farm. Well I head out there today to walk the property and find 5 or 6 ladder tree stands all on her property.So now Im like geez what the heck. I found 5 deer carcusses scattered within 200 yards of eachother all with no skulls. The women told me that noone but her son is back there and he doesnt hunt to often. Well theres definently guys back tresspassing on her property and ontop of it there poaching deer. I dont care what anyone says you dont find 5 deer skeletons with no heads that close together. so I went up to the house and told her what was going on back there and she told me that noone supposed to be back there and if anyone is then she would like me to run them off. It is a really nice piece of land with as much deer sign as you could ask for but between work and family I barely have enough time to hunt let alone try to keep these guys off the property. Her house is about 1000 yards from the woods and it is impossible to see anyone going into them woods because there are access roads that guys can come on from the otherside of the land. I dont know if I want to deal with the aggrivation that this will cause if I try to keep these guys off. But whoever it is I would like them to pay for poaching these deer. I am so burned up over this if I do run into this guy I might end up doing something i'll regret. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to stop this. Anyone with similar experiences.If not what would you do?