HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk Hunting Info.
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elk Hunting Info.

No need to be picking up your toys and running home with your tail between your legs right yet. The people on this board is the same ones you encounter every day of your life, there are some real A-holes that just hates life and it shows when they post on this board, you'll find out who they are pretty quik, but then again you gotta take the bad with the good because there are some well season hunters here that have a wealth of knowledge and all this available at your finger tips, but most in general are a great bunch of folks willing to help and sometimes egos do get in the way.
I have never hunted Colorado but the way I would approach this is obtain harvest reports from the Fish/Game Dept. and if its anything like Montana, there is an abundance of BLM property to hunt as well as State and Forestry. You will need several maps of a location you want to hunt because you want to gather as much imfo on that general area as possible and you can't get that from any one map. I take a couple weeks off every year and use this method here in Montana, but it takes a lot of homework prior to the hunt, not to mention your phsical condition and acclimateing to the elevation change. Good Luck and welcome to the board. Bobby