HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - High Fence Part#2
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 07:00 AM
trophyhuntr

Default High Fence Part#2

Well the other thread got so long i wanted to ask a simple question. Lets say you had 15,000 acres in whatever state and wanted to get into guiding hunts on your land. We all know you need to do your home work Ex: buck doe ratio kind of genetics on property Ex: alot of bucks with kickers, drop tines,do the bucks have big mass or whatever, my question is this, You put years of preperation harvesting does, letting bucks walk to get to mature age, feeding protein to get mass during growing stages in velvet and so on and notice that you always hear alot of shots year after year on the border of your property and see stands and hunter hunting the edges of your property religiously, what do you do? I have a feeling i know what most will say, but no matter all of us would be pissed to watch your hard work go to those that do nothing but hunt fence lines, remember this happens year after year and you are trying to make a living off your hunters, would it then cross your mind to fence, just asking?