HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How confident with your rifle...
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 09:32 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How confident with your rifle...

im really confident in my mauser now....at first i only had a cheap tasco shotgun scope on it becuase of a large rear sight...well the first year i took my second deer...a button buck with it...3rd year i shot 3...wounded and lost 2 with barely a drop of blood not even my expierienced vetern dad who bow hunted a long time couldnt even track and totally missed one...the scope broke adn we had no idea....it hit nowhere near wehre i aimed.....we found out when i quit and gave the scope to dad..i was done deer hunting...i thought it was me...dad thought it was me...didnt say i should quit but thought it was me making bad shots...well we found out the scope was broke so i saved all summer and put a leupold on it....that year i took a buck and doe on the same morning...this year i took 2 more does with it....i love that setup now.....im confident enough take shots i normally pass...like this year i shot through brush....i knew i could do it...i found a little hole maybe the size of my fist...i put the bullet right through there and right through the does heart...perfect well planned out shot....i wasnt letting her get away...and she was going to bolt if i didnt act quick...she seen me move and was still thinking...i knew i could put the bullet through that little hole....and this year i took a freehand shot at about 100yards....dropped her in her tracks.....i love my mauser