HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka...
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 11:48 AM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka...

Did you know that in America there are 40 lawyers for every one engineer?

Did you know that in Japan there are 40 engineers for every one lawyer?

I think the Japanese are really on to something there! They must be doing something right considering that they ar but one little island in the south Pacific, yet their GDP is second in the world (after the U.S., of course).

You said:

Leave that Made in Japan(Crap) right where it belongs......In Japan
Would you rather a Jap Crap BROWNING
....(Made in Japan JUNK!!!!!)
Then you said:

I am not a racist, just because someone doesn't like a particular product doesn't make them a racist???
But you already said that you disliked Brownings because they were made in Japan by the Japanese ("Jap Crap"), and not because of any reasons perticular to the quality of the rifle (won't shoot a decent group, poor parts fit/quality, poor workmanship, inferior materials, etc...). You based your opinion solely on the fact that it was made in Japan (by a Belgian based company formed by an American). In fact, you insinuated that everything made in Japan is crap. I'm sorry to say it, but that hints of racism to me.

I own a Browning BPS, and it's by far the finest pump shotgun I've had the pleasure of owning...and, God forbid, it was made in Japan. I've also seriously considered buying a Browning A-bolt, but I have little interest in sporter-weight rifles and their one heavy barrelled rifle is way TOO nice for what I want to use it for (spray paint it camo and use it as a coyote rifle).

Oh, and since you've obviously never been to Japan (I lived in Okinawa for a year), you probably wouldn't know that the Japanese make cars that will keep right up with that Ferrari you like so much (Nissan Skyline, the Japanese version of the Toyota Supra Twin-turbo, Japanese version RX-7's and the Acura NSX all come to mind). And with a few performance upgrades could probably beat it. But those cars aren't imported to the U.S. because they are not legal here, largely due to our much higher emissions standards as well as import tarriffs and quotas.

Mike