HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - poll on quality deer management
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Dalejbrass

Default RE: poll on quality deer management

It really has nothing to do with horns with me......see, I believe there are several levels of hunters. I also believe, for the most part, everyone starts out on the same level. When we were all new to bowhunting or hunting in general, we were all very excited about the kill. Then as each hunter progresses it becomes something much more. I passed up several respectable bucks in the early season, simply because I didn't want my season to end. I enjoy the hunt more than I enjoy the killing. I also enjoy helping and watching other people harvest their first deer. Like my wife (although she hasn't shot a deer yet), I get more excited about taking her to a tree stand than I do about hunting myself. She has also passed up several young bucks this year. I also enjoy sitting in my tree stand and watching mother nature. I don't shoot small bucks, because I enjoy watching them grow. I've seen several bucks this year that I passed last year. If I am hunting to fill the freezer, I always shoot a doe. They are simply better tasting. So....I guess I'm a trophy hunter in essence. I only shoot mature bucks and does. If I'm lucky that mature buck is sporting a Trophy rack.