HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Florida deer hunter attacked in cabin.
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 09:51 PM
Mossyhead

Default Florida deer hunter attacked in cabin.

I have been hunting big and small game for more than four decades all accross this country. I've always walked, stalked or sat on the ground. Recently I've been having join pains so my boys decided to build me a little hunting house. I hate the idea but thaught it was real nice of them. It is 38"x38"x6' high, with closing windaows and screens, seat and storage shelf (coffe pot and radio optional). Its called Gramp's Cabin (funny). Today I was in Grampa's Cabin watching for deer. Hey this is neat. Comfy, out of the wind, but a bit restrictive for one used to moving. About 15 squirrels call the surrounding area home. I fell asleep and was suddenly awakened by a running noise and then something came from the near tree, thru the window and landed on my chest. When your asleep and a squirrels tail hits you in the chest and the tail hits you in the face the first thing you think is "THERES A BAM BEAR IN THE HOUSE!". For a few seconds there was a lot of activity in that small space as the squirrel was trying to figure a way out and I was doing the same. He/she finally jumped out a window onto another tree and sat there barking at me. Wanna know what happens to a squirrel at "4 yards" with 00 Buck Shot?