HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good taxidermy is a beautiful thing....
Old 12-16-2003, 07:27 AM
tbonecpa
Fork Horn

Default Good taxidermy is a beautiful thing....

I just got my 03' bow buck back from the taxidermist. He got it done in three weeks but held it for another two so he could dislay it during our gun season here. I can see why he displayed it for awhile, he did a great job. It is the highest quality work that I have seen. He ordered a McKenzie form with a 24" neck but it turned out to be way too small. He happened to have a Rinehart form with a 26" neck (the biggest they make) that he ordered for a guy who shot a big buck in Manitoba. It was too big for that cape but fit mine perfectly. It was the same turn and semi-sneak. It never hurts to be lucky. The hide is beautiful and all the details were done perfectly. The only problem is that it dwarfs the other mounts I have so I had to put it closer to the second largest one. The other "problem" is that the rack looks "small" even though he scored almost 140. Thats what you get when they dress 220 lbs. If you have a really big midwest or Canadian buck to mount look at the Rinehart forms. They are based on the bigger species of deer and look very realistic. I'll post some pics later.