HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cubs: would you shoot them??
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 07:25 PM
MinnFinn
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cubs: would you shoot them??

bj. By nature man doesn't know (or feel) what is right or wrong. That's what objective truth comes in. A source beyond man is the way to know for sure what is right and wrong.

Read carefully. I already said I wouldn't shoot a bear regardless, (unless it was trying to get into my house or harm my family or me.) I don't have a desire to shoot a cub either. So, don't confuse the point I was making. Some were trying to apply this to hunting other species young. That's where I have a problem with some of what you and others were saying in a similar vein.

What I have problem with is the self-righteous nature of a discussion that has no basis in fact, natural-law, mans' law or God's law about taking a young animal wild or domestic, as long as it is legal. What is your reason, not feeling, that you object to another hunter legally taking a yearly deer or Elk?

The world view I subscribe to says eat of any meat, as long as you give thanks. That's what I do and I make no apology to you or any man. With all due respect, I think on this subject the "antis" are the ones standing on a stool with no legs, not the people who'd take a calf or a yearly, give thanks and eat.

In fact, I had a young deer tenderloin fried in butter tonight. I never tasted a better cut of meat.