HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It Happened!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Scar955

Default It Happened!!!

Even though it was with a rifle ([:@]), I got something to put in the freezer. It was a nice 140-150 lb doe (it's doe only with a rifle here in MO).

It was pretty sweet! I was hunting with a buddy for the first time and since I am new to this area, he said he would take me.

We were there about an hour and half when I saw 2 does running on the other side of a creek from where I was. I waited till I saw a good shooting lane, mouth grunted, and squeezed the trigger. Double-lung...done deal!!!

I asked him if I could use my bow since I am still looking for my first with it...he said the shots would probably be too far and there aren't many good trees in there. My shot was 25 yards from underneth a tree that would have been awesome with my climber!! Oh well!!!!

By the way, I later found out Dan (my buddy) had gotten up from where he was to try to push some deer my way!!! What more could I guy want in a hunting buddy!?!?!?

I will post pics as soon as I get them developed! Also, I posted this morning before I went out about hunting in the snow for the first time. What a morning!!! Too bad I didn't bring my bow!!![:@]