HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - last day hunting advice???
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 08:41 PM
thelastboyscout

Default last day hunting advice???

it's the last day of deer season here in PA.

here's the weather conditions
it's been snowing all day (heavy at times)
snow showers throughout the night w/ winds 5-10 mph
tomarrow morning calls for scattered snow showers tomarrow morning w/ winds light and variable. 26 degrees is the high for tomarrow and will only be in the low teens at dawn.

the woods i am hunting has a variety of habitat. it's on the side of a somewhat steep and high mountain. there is a pipeline that runs down the middle of the mountain with completely different terrain on each side. one side is thick and overgrown with many deer paths trailing through it. i have found tons of beds in this area. if you walk the opposite direction of the pipeline past these thickets, there is a logging area with fresh downed tree tops. on the other side of the pipeline is open woods leading to a large field surrounded by woods. all across the bottom of the mountain runs a creek that has pines running about 50 to 75 yards in width on either side. there are small cricks running down the mountain into the larger creek that the deer seem to be using as funnels....the only problem is there are about 30 of these things and they all have about an equal amount of tracks and rubs. my wife got a 6 point down in the pines by the creek the first day. based on the weather conditions and the type of terrain and food plots that i've explained, where which part would you set up on??