HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 07:43 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: i think i shot a a really nice one....need some input

if you hit him where you shot it wouldnt surprise me if he went a little farther then you think and no blood....my dad shot a doe that way only on the ground and at a bit of an angle....a lung, liver and all the guts were hit.....from a 3006 at 20yds with a ballistic tip.....it went about 80yds.....not a drop of blood.....the deer didnt act hit either....my dad thought he hit it so followed the leaves it kicked up and found it......dang good tracking job......if the leaves wernt wet i dont think he would found it.....its really thick in there and he couldnt see it after the shot....but thankfully the leaves were wet and kicked up nicely.....only sign of a hit was hair from the shot....if you hit him check good and hard.....he shouldnt went too far......a 12ga slug had to tear him up good......just look very very hard.......goto where you hear him last and keep going in that direction and other likely directions....he should be close......good luck.......keep us posted!!!!i cant stand wehn people ask for tracking advice and leave us hanging!!!! good luck!!!