HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - woohoo!!![:D]
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 05:59 AM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: woohoo!!![:D]

That definitely is good news. My wife shot 3D with me for a few seasons back before we were married. We had a great time....but once that ring went on the finger then the bow was put up for auction.

At the time I had bought for her a Hoyt Havoc with Intruder limbs and command cams. My reasoning was that the bow was relatively lightweight to make it easy for her to carry and hold while shooting though not light enough to make it unstable and difficult to shoot. I went with a mid axle to axle length of 36 inches for the same reason. I also chose a bow with a generous brace height since it was going to be a totally new experience for her and I needed something with as much forgiveness as I could muster without sacrificing some of the other qualities I was looking for. Lastly, I chose the soft cams/energy wheels simply because they provided a smooth draw cycle and relatively respectable speed considering the rest of her setup.

Had I to do it again I would probably save some of the money I spent on the bow (at the time it was around $390) and would go with something like the PSE Nova with Vector or Synergy wheels at the appropriate draw length and in the appropriate draw weight range.

Hope this helps.